It’s Good to be Green
J.J. Collins Printers continues to dramatically enhance our environmental, health and safety performance. Striving for and achieving the highest standards of environmental performance and creating a truly safe workplace, sustainable year after year, differentiates J.J. Collins Printers as a company committed to its social responsibility. As has been our history on so many fronts, we are dedicated to leading our industry to a higher level in these areas.
Green Earth Printing
J.J. Collins Printers has been in the forefront of Environmental Consciousness for a number of years. We believe that it is important to act in an environmentally responsible manner, to help maintain both our own sustainability, and that of our home. Our future and the futures of generations to come are in our hands.
- FSC® Certification – SCS-COC-003523
- SFI Certification – NSF-SFICOC-0045359
- Recycling of all Raw Materials
- Chemical Distiller Recycles all our Press Wash Chemicals
- Vegetable Based Inks and Polymers that are Completely Void of VOCs
- 100% Computer to Plate Technology
- J.J. Collins Printers recycles 2.5 – 3 Million Pounds of Paper Annually
J.J. Collins Printers is committed to being a positive and creative force in the protection and enhancement of the local and global environment. This is evident through the minimization of hazardous materials and our continuous efforts to reduce our consumption of natural resources throughout the company. The fundamental principle of J.J. Collins Printers Environmental Policy is to minimize the negative impact to the environment while conserving natural resources. Using education and administration controls, we continually assess our processes and practices to identify areas for reduction in energy, waste and emissions.
J.J. Collins Printers will take all reasonable measures to meet the following targets:
- Minimization of generated waste through reduction, reuse and recycling
- Efficient use and conservation of water through management controls and routine practices
- Minimize and where possible, eliminate noise and odor pollution
- Minimize, substitute and, where possible, eliminate hazardous chemicals in processes and operations
It is consistent with J.J. Collins Printers’ Environmental Policy to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. J.J. Collins Printers is committed to meeting or exceeding environmental law, standards and regulations. Our commitment is evidenced by our participation in both our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council)™ chain of custody by Scientific Certification Systems and our SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) Certification by NSF International.